December 10, 2012
I’m attempting to grow strawberry starters hydroponically using floating Styrofoam rafts.
Eventually these plants will end up in an indoor aquaponics system which is currently in the process of being built.
The strawberry plants are runners that would have died off this winter so I plugged them through some Styrofoam and floated them in rain water.
The plants were not getting enough nutrients from the rain water alone so I’ve added a tablespoon of compost tea (You may remember the photo of the compost tea I made several months ago posted in the upper right corner).
We will see if this improves their condition within the next few days.
Thanks for reading my blog! For the latest projects and updates please subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow along as I set up a sustainable homestead with my tiny house 🙂